We are always looking for new talents
Vetiver Solutions is a social impact startup, founded in 2016. Vetiver is a grass with an extensive root system that prevents soil erosion. In order to incentivize farmers to grow and keep this grass, Vetiver Solutions purchases grass shoots from farmers and turns them into yarn. We are in the pilot phase of our business and are looking for more support as we continue to move forward. See www.vetiversolutions.org for more information.
The marketing intern will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and the Chief Executive Officer
The majority of this internship can be done remotely. Preference will be given to applicants who can attend events within the Minneapolis, MN area.
This position is a 3-month part-time temporary position with the opportunity to convert to a permanent position on Vetiver Solutions at the conclusion of the internship. Applicants should expect to work 5-10 hours per week, mostly on their own time. This is an unpaid internship, however a free trip to Haiti is included during the internship to view and help our operations on the ground. Applicants must be willing to travel to Haiti and live without electricity or running water for at least one week.
Responsibilities and Duties
The marketing intern will be responsible for:
- Conducting research, including but not limited to:
- Customer research
- Benchmarking research
- Product research
- Market research
- Attending weekly evening meetings
- Attending social business events and happy hours (not necessary to be 21+)
No degree or prior experience is needed for this internship, although Vetiver Solutions reserves the right to consider past experiences when making hiring decisions.
The following qualifications are required:
- Ability to work independently
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Passionate about social change
- Interest in entrepreneurship and/or social businesses
- Valid passport or ability to get valid passport before start date
The following qualifications are beneficial:
- Prior international travel experience
- Prior start-up experience
- Basic knowledge of French and/or Haitian Creole
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume/CV to [email protected]
Questions? Email us at [email protected]